Quick Reference - Drilling Permits
Here are a few references to get you started...
Other References :
- Guidance Document: Permitting a Class II Injection Well - General advice for preparing an application for a Class II injection well.
- Bonding - Quick Reference.
- ePermit Login - Electronic APD filing.
- ePermit Registration - ePermit registration form.
- Form 3 - Application for Permit to Drill (APD).
- Form 4A - Surety Bond.
- Form 4B - Collateral Bond.
- Form 4C - Irrevocable Documentary Letter of Credit.
- Form 5 - Designation of Agent or Operator.
- APD Preparation Checklist - This checklist should be used while preparing an APD package.
- Request for Permit Extension - This checklist is to be used for requesting extensions to one-year permit approvals.
- Transfer of APD Form - This form is to be used to request a transfer of an APD to another company.
(All link to the Division of Administrative Rules web site):
- R649-3-4 - Permitting of Wells to be Drilled, Deepened or Re-entered
- R649-3-18 - On-site Predrill Evaluation
- R649-2-4 - Designation of Agent or Operator
- R649-3-1 - Bonding of Wells
- R649-5 - Class II Injection Wells
- Cultural Resource Inventory - Required for all permit applications on Utah School and Institutional Trust Lands.
- Paleontological Inventory - Required for all permit applications located within sensitive paleontological areas.
- Expedited Processing of APDs - The most effective way to expedite the processing of APDs is to submit a complete APD.
- Permit Extension Time Limits - The Division will no longer issue more than two drilling permit extensions for wells to be drilled on State or Private leases.
- Drilling Permit Expiration Dates - Utah oil and gas well drilling permits (APDs) are generally valid for one year. It is the operator's responsibility to monitor permit expiration. Permit expiration dates can now be viewed here.
- Request for Transfer of APD (Operator Change) - Drilling permits or pending applications will not be transferred to a new operator unless the new operator signs a Request to Transfer APD form.
- Notices, News, and Updates
The "Live Data" link allows the public to perform their own searches of Utah Division of Oil, Gas and Mining databases.
General statistics that provide an overview of oil and gas activity within Utah.
Indexes and scanned images of Well Spacing Orders of the Utah Board of Oil, Gas and Mining.
Bureau of Land Management
Utah Department of Commerce
Utah Geological Survey
Utah School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration
Utah State Tax Commission