Quick Reference - Operator Changes
Here are a few references to get you started...
Bonding - Quick Reference.
(All link to the Division of Administrative Rules web site):
- R649-8-10 - Sundry Notice forms (Form 9) are required from both the current and proposed new operator for each well affected by the change, regardless of lease type. The forms must show:
- Company Names (current and new)
- Company Addresses
- Phone Numbers
- Applicable Bond Numbers (BLM, BIA & DOGM)
- Effective Date of the Transfer.
- R649-8-22 - Transfer of Authority to Inject (UIC Form 5), must be submitted to and approved by the division prior to injecting into any injection well.
- R649-2-4 - Designation of Agent or Operator (Form 5), shall be submitted prior to the commencement of operations.
- R649-2-10 - Notification of Lease Sale or Transfer. The owner of a lease shall provide notification to any person with an interest in such lease, when all or part of that interest in the lease is sold or transferred.
- R649-3-1 - Bonding. The new operator must submit a proper bond to the division before approval shall be granted by the division for an operator change on a fee lease well. Copies of applicable BLM and BIA bonds should also be included.
- R649-9-2 - Waste Management Plan. The new operator must submit a plan to account for the proper disposition of produced water and other E & P wastes before approval shall be granted by the division for an operator change. The plan should then be updated and submitted annually by January 15.
- Form 5 - Designation of Agent or Operator.
- Form 9 - Sundry Notices and Reports on Wells.
- Transfer of APD Form - This form is to be used to request a transfer of an APD to another company.
- Bonds on School and Institutional Trust Lands (State Leases) - Effective February 24, 2004, the Division of Oil, Gas and Mining began holding all plugging bonds for wells located on School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration lands, in addition to bonds for wells located on fee lands.
- Request for Transfer of APD to New Operator (operator change) - Drilling permits or pending applications will not be transferred to a new company in the course of an operator change unless the new operator signs a Request to Transfer Application or Permit to Drill form.
- Notices, News, and Updates
Bureau of Land Management
Utah Department of Commerce
Utah School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration
Utah State Tax Commission